RICS – the Royal Institution for Chartered Surveyors – is an internationally recognised, global professional body that promotes and enforces the highest international standards in the valuation, management and development of land, real estate, construction and infrastructure.
So, what are the advantages of being part of this global body?
- Develop your expertise and increase your earning potential. RICS members get full access to a set professional standards, ethical guidance, sector-specific advice and regulatory help. In other words, when you’re a RICS member, you’re more employable as your work is seen to be ethical and of a higher standard.
- Build a global professional network. Because RICS has a global presence, being a member allows you to connect with other professionals and leading figures in your industry around the world through networking events, webinars and social media channels.
- Enhance your skills and employability. RICS offers an annual range of over 800
courses, conferences and events, that allow you to develop your skills and learn new globally recognised skills and specialties.
- Make an impact on the world. RICS has regular market surveys and industry-leading consultations with its members on topics such as the futures of the surveying profession, and fighting money laundering, which means you can have your say in your industry’s future.
- Demonstrate higher professional and ethical standards. As a RICS member, you have to agree to adhere to RICS’ set of extremely high professional and ethical standards. This means that you can build a valued business with client relationships built on trust, honesty and integrity.
- Broaden your horizons. As part of such a large professional body, you’ll get access
to the latest thinking, expert advice and in-depth features across all surveying disciplines from RICS’ sector-specific journals, flagship Modus magazine and regular email newsletters.
While becoming a RICS member is an investment of time and energy, the results can be well worth it in terms of enhancing your professional network, your reputation within the industry, and your global presence.